We’re all on the go these days, taking our lives with us on our smartphones. I didn’t give into a smartphone until October 2012 and took my new iPhone 5 to Disney for a Christmas trip December 2012. It.was.awesome.
I’m a believer and I don’t care who knows it!! Smartphones are awesome tools to have on your vacation and especially in the parks. There were many (many) times when The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh was down and instead of walking all the way over to Fantasyland to check up on it, I would just use Lines or My Disney Experience to see if it had re-opened.
I used my phone to check menus, park hours, pass the time in line, you get the idea.
So I thought I’d share my favorite free apps. And my favorite not-free app.
1. My Disney Experience – The official Walt Disney World App that allows you to see wait times for park attractions, Fastpass return times, see park hours, manage your itineraries, view menus, park maps, and book dining reservations.
2. Disney World by Undercovertourist.com – Pretty much everything you will ever need when visiting Disney World: wait times, park maps, restaurant menus, ride information and lots more!
3. Disney Memories – Use this app and your photos in your library to create Disney Memories by decorating them with Disney frames.
4. Mouse Trivia – Mouse trivia is the Disney app for people who love all things Disney. There are over 1,200 questions about Disney movies, theme parks, characters, songs, and more. Use this app to pass time while you’re waiting in line for a ride!
5. Disney World Wait times, Free – Shows wait times for all the Disney World theme park attractions.
Lines, the app provided by touringplans.com, is really my favorite for wait times, but isn’t free. You have to have a subscription to touringplans.com to use this app. I enjoyed entering my own wait times in, plus using it to check on wait times.